Are you a fun, smart, dynamic student who wants to gain experience writing content like social media, blogs, newsletters, eblasts, and more? Are you hardworking, dedicated, and able to roll with the punches when things change unexpectedly? We want to work with you! WHIP Social Media & Marketing is looking for an intern for the spring semester to help manage content for clients. This role will be a hands on learning experience and this intern will get to dive into the work head first!
WHIP Social Media & Marketing is a small communications consulting business that helps clients manage their communications needs. We strategize and implement communications plans — with a strong focus in digital marketing — to raise brand awareness, engage stakeholders like advocates, donors and corporate partners, drive fundraising goals, achieve KPIs, and move the needle on global issues.
WHIP has clients across a variety of industries, but focuses primarily on nonprofit organizations, corporate social responsibility, and social impact. Ideal candidates will be interested in a variety of subjects and be willing to learn about new clients as they arise. This internship is heavily focused on content creation and writing, so applicants must have experience drafting blogs, social media language, and other content. This is an unpaid internship for the spring semester.
- Brainstorm blogs, social media, videos, and other content.
- Draft social media language (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) for clients in various sectors.
- Write and edit digital content including blog posts, email newsletters, and other longform content.
- Help create media pitches, press releases, and media lists for press pitching.
- Monitor for and share news articles relevant to clients or WHIP Social.
- Develop and maintain a media coverage archive for all press hits for clients or published articles written by WHIP Social.
- Pull data and analyze campaign’s digital performances.
- Stay abreast of current trends in social media and marketing in order to draft informational blogs and content for WHIP Social’s brand.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Applicants should have an understanding of and experience with communications, journalism and/or public relations, social networking and blogging.
- Background knowledge in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or Global Health preferred.
- Applicants should be available 10-20 hours a week.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience in Google Suite, including Docs and Sheets.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
To apply, send a resume, thoughtful cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com.
Benefits And Compensation:
We are happy to host interns who are able to receive academic credit through their college or university. This is an unpaid internship, which means that as per the FLSA laws:
- The internship is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment.
- The experience is for the benefit of the intern.
- The intern does not displace regular employees but works under close supervision of existing staff.
- The employer providing the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded.
- There is no guarantee of a job at the conclusion of the internship.
- Both parties understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the internship.